Tyler is located mid-way between Dallas and Shreveport, several miles south of I-20. The festival takes place Downtown at the Liberty Hall Theater. We recommend using maps on your smartphone device to find your way here, as it'll do a better job directing you than we can. Just plug in 103 E. Erwin St., Tyler TX 75702 and away you come.
Fly directly to Tyler via Tyler Pounds Regional Airport (airport code TYR), or get most of the way here via DFW or DAL.
We have special rates at several area hotels. Make sure to mention you're with Downtown Tyler Film Festival to get these special rates!
COMFORT INN – (903) 534-0999
- King Suite (King bed w/additional living space & pullout sofa): $85
- Two Queen Suite (Two queen beds w/additional living space & pullout sofa): $90
COUNTRY INN & SUITES – (903) 561-0863
- Standard Single King/Double Queen Rooms: $77
- Studio Suite (King bed w/additional living space & pullout sofa): $85
- One Bedroom Suite (King bed w/separate living space & pullout sofa): $100
HAMPTON INN & SUITES – (903) 630-7272
- Standard King (incl. hot breakfast and WiFi): $119
- Standard Double (incl. hot breakfast and WiFi): $109
RESIDENCE INN – (903) 787-5899
- Studio Suite (King bed, sleeper sofa, full kitchen, living area, hot breakfast): $99
DO: SO MUCH STUFF
There are all kinds of things to do while you’re here. Some of the best resources for finding them are the Tyler Convention and Visitors Bureau and the community wikiMake Tyler Weird. Some of our personal favorites include:
- Stanley's Famous Pit Barbecue – Yeah, we know. It's almost cliche. But in a state known for great BBQ, Stanley’s still manages to blow the mind. Located less than a mile from Downtown.
- The Foundry – Tyler’s very own Really Good Coffee House, just a block south of the square at Broadway and Elm. Serving coffee from local roasters Porch Culture and Dallas’s Oak Cliff Roasters, plus pastries from local pa…pâtisseries?
- Rick's – One of Tyler’s great downtown bar and music venues, just down the street from Liberty Hall.
- Don Juan's – Some of Tyler’s best Mexican food (and that's saying a lot), located just steps from Liberty Hall.
- True Vine Brewing Co. – Tyler's own microbrew, on tap at several local restaurants. Usually has open taps at the brewery a mile from Downtown on the last Saturday of each month.